Research shows that standing can help to alleviate pain and improve posture in addition to chiropractic care. Helping with back pain recovery and increase spine health, standing desk solutions make it easy to spend more time standing at work in Mumbai, Chennai, Gurgaon, Pune, and Bangalore.
- Switching between sitting and standing throughout the workday can lead to a 54% reduction in neck and backache.
- The research found that height-adjustable workstations increase the probability of a pain-free workday by 80%.
- Studies have shown that standing engages and strengthens your core muscles.
Standing desks in the workplace
Standing desks are fast becoming popular in the office world in the above-mentioned cities. You might want to consider what this new way of working can do for you if you sit down for more than eight hours a day.
As human beings, we are all guilty of working through lunch and not taking the time to stretch or go for a walk, but it’s important we do in order to reduce the risk of health issues as we grow old. A standing desk will at least help with encouraging circulation and back posture if you struggle to pull yourself away from your desk for breaks.
These ergonomically designed desks are an innovative way of compromising with the hectic lifestyles we lead.
If you suffer from back pain, knee pain, bad posture or any other joint problems, then a standing desk may help to ease some pressure on your muscles and may help to improve your entire health as standing is beneficial to burn around 50 calories more than sitting.
The importance of good posture: Why is it essential?
The position in which you hold your body upright against gravity while standing, sitting or lying down is called the posture. It is important to note that good posture involves training your body to stand, walk, sit and lie in positions where the least strain is placed on muscles and ligaments during movement or weight-bearing activities.Proper posture:
- Keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly.
- Decreases the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces that could result in arthritis.
- Helps decrease the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together.
- Helps prevent the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions.
- Prevents fatigue allowing the body to use less energy.
- Prevents strain or overuse problems.
- Prevents backache and muscular pain.
Standing Desks: The best solution
These days, companies in Ludhiana have begun to realize that standing desks offer many benefits to their employees, including increased productivity and decreased sick days from back and neck problems.
These desks keep you on your feet while you go about your day-to-day tasks. While helping to burn extra calories, standing enables you to straighten your posture and speed up your metabolism. It also improves your posture and engages the postural muscles in a way that sitting will never be able to accomplish. We tend to slouch creating weak neck and back muscles while sitting. However, standing enables the neck, back, and hip muscles to be activated, thereby preventing the muscles from weakening.
This ergonomically-friendly piece of office equipment also frees you from sitting and allows the body to move about thereby easing back pain. Sitting in a chair all day can place limitations on body parts that aren’t designed to be immobile for long periods of time. We were meant to be creatures; our ancestors walked 12 miles daily to hunt and gather food. Standing desks are the only solution to help keep up with mobility.