Facts to think
- Human beings were made to move. Sitting at a desk for 6, 8 or maybe 10 hours a day can not be good for us. Not only at desk, we sit during eating, driving, watching TV & many other forums.
- Physical inactivity is the fourth leading risk factor for global mortality
- 95% of all back pains start through inactivity
- According to scientists, when we sit the “enzymes that are responsible for burning fat just shut down.” This can lead to retention of fat, lower good cholesterol, and the overall reduction in the metabolic rate
- The mere act of standing on your feet burns three times as many calories as sitting in your seat.
- There is strong evidence that intermittent standing increases productivity.
- Ergonomic desks is proven to increase employee productivity & Improves employee health.
- We spend more than 85% of your time in the office sitting down. The most common health problems in the workplace are backaches and tensions. The magic formula is prevention. Alternately, stand and sit relieves your spine and keeps your cardiovascular system going.
- Sitting for long hours increases the risk of diabetes by 112 percent, heart disease by 147 percent, and death due to cardiovascular events by 90 percent
- The spine is loaded over 7 times while sitting
- Breast and colon cancers are associated with inactivity
- Standing just 15 minutes per hour while you work is enough and you will burn 20,000 more calories a year. 15 minutes per hour which corresponds to 6 full marathons. 15 minutes per hour and it will make you healthier and happier.
- Standing leads to better concentration levels and efficiency
- Standing improves mood and energy levels
Standing more will reduce obesity, increase weight loss, and improve mental health.